FOR LOVED ONES OF THOSE SUFFERING FROM SUBSTANCE ABUSE
Optimal Health Group and AAIC have partnered to offer a new and free family support group, meeting fortnightly in Coolangatta and Broadbeach on the Gold Coast.
Families are provided with some valuable basic tools to teach them how to help their loved one through the costs vs benefits and to challenge them to work towards treatment as a goal.
They will be given resources that will include a range of treatment and intervention services. If families need further intervention, a resource referral list will be given, that will have further intensive and useful help.
Online Family Support Group
every Wednesday at 7pm
to offer the above resources and support.
Numbers Are Strictly Limited.
To Book And Secure Your Place Please Call
0481 844 555
Please find to the right, 7 resources that you can use for both drug users as well as their loved ones. Whilst the resources are listed for SE QLD, the Alcohol & Drug Info numbers listed, can provide relevant up to date services in any location.
For those that have done our Dual Diagnosis Training, you will be familiar with these diagrams and how to use them.
The first step is to ask the drug user and/or family member to watch the Chemically Speaking video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgpofcn5ZHA) which is also listed on the Resource list & Action Plan which will provide insight into the addiction cycle and appropriate response.
- Needs & Emotions diagram – helps people to understand the underlying issues that need to be addressed that’s driving addictive behaviour.
- Cycle of Addiction – from Chemically Speaking video
- Stages of Change – from Chemically Speaking video
- Costs vs Benefits – for drug user to fill in with 2 people that are willing to do the brief intervention. The family member can also do this with the drug user.
- Recommended Reading – Further reading and tools to equip family members and people in recovery to grow.
- Resource list – explains resources to support loved ones move forward. Good for drug users to read as well
- Action Plan – explains resources for drug users to move forward
The diagrams will help both the drug user and loved ones on a journey of insight along with the Chemically Speaking video so you don’t need to be a counsellor to use these tools. Feel welcome to download these diagrams and email these resources out to anyone needing help.
in Substance Abuse & Mental Health Interventions online (www.samhi.online) is coming in 2017…!
SAMHI Chemically Speaking Two (Brief Intervention) is now available.
This course costs $75 on the Udemy.com platform, however people may receive a 40% discount from us by using our token below to purchase the course for only $45 for a limited time.
This program is an introduction and an ideal platform for the comprehensive Dual Diagnosis 2 day (12 hour) advanced SAMHI (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Intervention) Training designed for front line workers that will be released during 2017.
Dates for live training in Substance Abuse & Mental Health Interventions, (also known as Dual Diagnosis or Comorbidity), are listed at the bottom of the home page.