TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS
in Substance Abuse & Mental Health Interventions online (www.samhi.online) is coming in 2017…!
SAMHI Chemically Speaking Two (Brief Intervention) is now available.
This course costs $75 on the Udemy.com platform, however people may receive a 40% discount from us by using our token below to purchase the course for only $45 for a limited time.
This program is an introduction and an ideal platform for the comprehensive Dual Diagnosis 2 day (12 hour) advanced SAMHI (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Intervention) Training designed for front line workers that will be released during 2017.
Dates for live training in Substance Abuse & Mental Health Interventions, (also known as Dual Diagnosis or Comorbidity), is listed at the bottom of the HOME PAGE.
To register and pay for the training below,
please click on the last page of this website called, ‘CONTACT US“.
2 Day Workshop – Advanced Alcohol, Other Drugs and Mental Health Training
This Comorbidity training workshop covers all the key knowledge required to conduct a brief intervention for clients presenting with drug & alcohol issues as well as mental health problems (ie: Dual Diagnosis). Key knowledge components include:
- Pharmacology of drugs (drugs & their effects)
- The Cycle of Addiction
- The Stages of Change
- The Grief Cycle & Anger / Hatred
- Holistic Intervention and the public health model, (based on the Ottawa Charter; incorporating bio-psycho-social-spiritual dynamics)
- Understanding the underlying emotional & psychological issues behind addictions
- Understanding the neurophysiology, neuroplasticity / psychology of addictions and human development
- Delivering a Brief Intervention by using the Costs vs Benefits
- How to work with treatment resistant clients; including precontemplators
- Using the trauma model to help people move forward
- Working with people with mental health issues (particularly personality disorders)
- Motivational interviewing; theory and practice.
This Advanced Drug & Alcohol Training in Substance Abuse and Mental Health is also tax deductible as a work related expense and enables people to maintain professional development and upskilling.
Cost of Dual Diagnosis Training has now been reduced from $290 to $145 (50% off) as we are launching our online Substance Abuse & Mental Health Training (Dual Diagnosis) in August 2017 which is also $145.
Bank transfer to George Patriki:
Account: 1024 7059
Or online by credit card (Paypal). Include your name:
To register and pay for the training, please click on the last page of this website called, ‘CONTACT US“.
Chemically Speaking is a Brief Intervention drug & alcohol video (produced in 1999) that explains the cycle of addiction, the stages of change and the grief cycle that often predisposes people to use chemicals as a way of coping with these underlying issues.
The 2017 updated Chemically Speaking Two is now available. This course costs $75 on the Udemy.com platform, however people may receive a 40% discount from us by using our token below to purchase the course for only $45 for a limited time.
Chemically Speaking (1999) can be downloaded free from my Dropbox