Solicitors often request us to provide drug diversions for clients that don’t meet the criteria for QIDDI, (QLD Illicit Drug Diversion Initiative) program.
Drug Diversion Overview and Provider (Optimal Health Group),
explained further below in letter For Magistrates and Court
These people have either been caught with prescription drugs, (without a prescription) and QIDDI is only setup for illicit drugs, or their criminal history makes them ineligible. Our Drug Diversion covers both legal and illicit drugs.
We provide both a private 2 hour brief intervention face to face session, or a 24/7 ONLINE psych-social presentation video through the learning platform. This diversion covers all of the necessary psycho-social education to help a client think through their substance use and move forward that is similar to the diversions delivered through QIDDI, that the Dual Diagnosis Consultant delivered for QLD Health during a 5 years period.
Option 1 – Call 0408 332 765 for a face to face appointment in the Gold Coast.
Option 2 – Instructions for the Worldwide 24/7 ONLINE option;
- Please pay the $135 (incl. GST) from the Contact Us webpage.
- Click on the personal link I will email you to register;
- The link will take you to a sign up page that has a red a SIGN UP box on the top right hand corner. Click on that to register your name (and please remember your password), so you can log back in and continue the presentation from where you left off.
- This login will provide a lifetime access to this ONLINE training video and it is self-paced, so it will remember where you left off when you log back in. When you have completed the training 100%, it will send you a certificate that you have completed the training, however, this is for your personal benefit for your resume, but it is not for court.
- Please complete the worksheet we give you, whilst you watch the 2 hour presentation online
- You can either type in your answers in the Word document, or if you prefer, just print it and hand write your answers. (You can print it from both the Word or the PDF document). Click below to download either of them;
- 1 Drug Diversion Worksheet.pdf
- 1 Drug Diversion Worksheet.docx
- There are no right or wrong answers and this is not a test. It is only to demonstrate to the court that you have engaged with the diversion program and are willing to learn about the health principles taught.
- Please remember to also bring this completed worksheet to court, (in case the Magistrate would like to ask any questions), along with the original certificate I will send you by post.
- When you email the worksheet to us, we will sign it and stamp it, then post it back to you, with an original Drug Diversion certificate that has an individual number on it.
Let us know if you need anything else…
These live and ONLINE services are provided under our ‘CLINICAL SERVICES’ through our qualified drug & alcohol counsellor that has over 25 years of industry experience as a clinician, 16 years as an educator to Government and Not For Profit Organisations, as well as and over 5 years of experience delivering the QLD Government QIDDI program.
The topics addressed through the session which will require up to 2 hours, include:
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health (Dual Diagnosis)
- Integrative Holistic Model
- Needs & Underlying Issues that drive addictions
- Grief Cycle & Anger
- Drink & Drug Driving
- Cycle of Addiction
- Stimulants (Speed, Ice, Ecstasy, Cocaine)
- Optimal Health
- Stages of Change
- Costs vs Benefits – doing a brief intervention.
- Tripod of Support for the drug user to help them move forward & stay safe.
An original and numbered certificate from the Dual Diagnosis Clinical Services will be provided for people to use for court evidence of attendance.
People are welcome to contact us on mobile: 0408 332 765 or use the Contact Us webpage. The cost is $135 (incl. GST) and payment methods are outlined on the Contact Us webpage.
RE: DRUG DIVERSION OVERVIEW
AND PROVIDER – OPTIMAL HEALTH GROUP
Please find attached a numbered Drug Diversion Certificate, delivered by the Optimal Health Group. As a Dual Diagnosis Consultant delivering clinical services, I have several qualifications and over 25 years of clinical experience as a counsellor and 16 years as an educator to Government and Non-Government organisations in Australia and worldwide. I also delivered around 2,500 drug diversions for QLD Health, under their QIDDI (QLD Illicit Drug Diversion Initiatives) Program over a 5 year period. I have over 7 years of lived experience as an ex-addict myself and spent over 10 years accessing various treatment and recovery programs to work through the underlying issues.
The psycho-educational information presented in the Drug Diversion is part of the 2 day, advanced, Dual Diagnosis Training that offers participants Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points. The logos of the major peak bodies are listed on my website (www.dualdiagnosistraining.com.au), along with hyperlinks to their events pages that advertise the training for their members.
The ONLINE training is available 24/7 through the Udemy.com learning platform.
The training meets all of the criteria for evidence base, best practice which is why it is available for Continuing Professional Development Points and ENDORSED by;
Psychotherapy & Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA)
Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA)
It is also available for Continuing Professional Development Points and listed on the events pages of;
Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
Australian Psychological Society (APS)
Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)
The Dual Diagnosis Training also includes the Community Development Response to ICE & Other Drugs which is outlined on the website; (www.dualdiagnosistraining.com.au/community-development).
This was presented at;
- The Australian & New Zealand Addiction Conference (May 2016)
- Australian Holistic Healers & Counsellors Association Conference (August 2016)
- Lifeline Coordinators Conference (September 2016)
- 12th Biennial Asia Pacific International Mental Health Conference (October 2016)
- Australian Holistic Healers & Counsellors Association Conference (Oct 2017)
- The Australian Lions Drug Awareness Foundation (Nov 17)
The Community Development Response to ICE & Other Drugs is also listed on the Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association website;
The Dual Diagnosis Training Intro video on the website (www.dualdiagnosistraining.com.au) introduces the 2 day advanced training that explains Substance Abuse, (with Alcohol & Other Drugs), as well as Mental Health Issues.
The Drug Diversion topics explained above, are delivered over 2 hours & 15 min by video with powerpoint slides;
If you would like more info, please feel welcome to contact me anytime on 0408 332 765.